Some people have naturally white teeth. Years ago, I was a member of a fitness boot camp that had the audacity to hire trainers who were distractingly good-looking. One of them had a smile so pure and white that I couldn’t help but be nosy and ask him how I, too, could achieve such a blinding smile. He just laughed, ran a hand through his short brown hair, and said, “I don’t do anything. My teeth are naturally this white. I mean, I used bleach strips once like ten years ago.” And with that, he shed his tank top and did a slo-mo Baywatch run around the track. Or at least that’s the scenario my brain created.
Not all of us are fortunate enough to have naturally white teeth–and that’s okay! That’s why the populace has created a million and one options for whitening. We discussed a few at-home treatments in our last blog post, but today we’re going to talk about KöR, one of the best whitening systems on the market, and why we think it’s THE way to go for a long-lasting white smile.
Derby Dental is a provider of the KöR Whitening System because it doesn’t rely on anything super high-tech or gimmicky, like lights or lasers, or big plastic cheek retractors–it’s just really solid science and chemical engineering that delivers great results. The process also doesn’t cause as much sensitivity as other whitening methods and the results are practically permanent!
What makes KöR different?
Like many other whitening systems, KöR involves a peroxide gel that is applied to the teeth. The big difference is that KöR whitening gels are under constant refrigeration from the time they are manufactured. This is a big deal because bleaching gels can degrade in room temperature environments (not to mention in a warehouse where the temperatures can get very warm). This means that by the time you bring home your whitening gel, it may be way less effective. Bleaching syringes and whitening strips don’t come cheap, so why waste money on something that only kind of works? KöR’s refrigeration ensures that your gel is 100% effective.
What’s the process like?
KöR is both an in-office and at-home process and can be altered depending on the difficulty of your case. Here’s a breakdown of what to expect:
- In-office: Take impressions for your custom trays
- In-office: Jumpstart conditioning with 13% Dual-Activated, Tri-Barrel Hydremide Peroxide gel in your fancy new trays
- At-home: Nighttime whitening for 3-4 weeks (more severe cases may need to bleach for up to 8 weeks)
- In-office: Whitening session with 34% Dual-Activated, Tri-Barrel Hydremide Peroxide gel
- At-home: Periodic maintenance (this ensures long-lasting results)
Key points to keep in mind
- Always get your teeth professionally cleaned before starting a whitening regimen! It will be way more effective if you have a nice shiny slate to work with.
- If you have dental work like crowns and fillings, they do not change color and will not bleach with the rest of your teeth. For example, if you have a crown on your front tooth and want to do a whitening regimen, you would need to replace your crown (after whitening is completed) to match the new bleach shade.
- Sensitivity is also completely normal. The KöR system has a fantastic desensitizer that helps combat sensitivity
KöR produces incredible results for achieving the smile you’ve always wanted to steal from your ex-fitness trainer. Call the office to learn more or to set up an appointment to achieve those #WhiteningGoals.